Friday, November 7, 2008

Ahh! The fun of the two week wait.

Yesterday we had our first IUI. For a procedure that can ultimately change your life it really is a non-event. DH went in the morning of and delivered his "donation." Then I went in at 1:30. I waited a bit and the receptionist told me to go pick up the specimen. I went to the lab, gave my photo ID & waited. That was really the most complicated part of the procedure. When the "boys" were safely in my posession I went back across the hall to the clinic and a nurse met me and described the procedure. The RE came in, inserted the specimen and did an ultrasound. After that I laid flat for 15 minutes and then was on my way.

So now all there is to do is wait. I can only hope and pray that this will work. If not we are taking next month off and then starting again in January.

Thanks for reading

No comments: