Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Early morning musings

Ah to be young again!

After a long day and a welcome bed time I was looking forward to a full night's sleep. It started well and I was happily snoozing away when I started dreaming that J&P were playing in their room. Oh how sweet. But wait, I wasn't dreaming. I rolled over and looked at the clock. It was 4:10 AM!!!!!!!! WTH???? I tried to ignore them hoping they would go back to bed. What was I thinking? They were having so much fun. I heard their computer go on and I heard them talking. I was annoyed, but to be honest it was kind of fun to lay there and listen to them. It took me back to a time about 7 years ago when I would lay in bed and listen to them while they were in their cribs. As little babies J&P needed to be with each other. They would scoot toward each other until their precious little heads touched and when we had to seperate them into their own cribs they would scoot until their heads were as close to touching ss physically possible. When they would wake up J&P would spend about 30 minutes just cooing and laughing with each other before they were ready to start the day.

Gosh I miss those sweet times with little babies. I love my big boys and I love watching them grow and learn, but I still long for the days with a little one. I can only hope that God will see fit to grant me the pleasure one more time.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Too cute!!! Your boys crack me up!! I just love them. AND GOD will grant you the pleasure again... Very soon!!!

Kami