Monday, January 5, 2009

What a wild and crazy ride!

So now we wait again! To be honest I'm thrilled to be able to wait because yesterday we were pretty certain the entire cycle had been a bust. Let me back up a bit.

Friday morning I went for the first of what was supposed to be 2 IUIs. It went well and Dh's swimmers were in rare and frantic form.

Saturday I go in for the second IUI to be told that I still haven't ovulated, but not to worry it was still ok. It had been 36 hours from the "trigger." About an hour after the IUI I became very ill. I was bloated and cramping and at times had a really hard time even standing upright. I was sure I was ovulating all those follicles. What else could cause that kind of pain?

Sunday, IUI and ultrasound. Dr. H tells me that I still haven't ovulated! WTH??? It was 60 hours post trigger and I should have ovulated if I was going to. It appeared that I wasn't going to ovulate. Dr. H had blood drawn to verify that I hadn't ovulated, but didn't give me much hope that the cycle would continue.

Today I got a call from Dr. R, my regular RE, who told me that I did infact ovulate and ovulated very well as my progesterone was at 36 which is very high for so early. Dr. R gave me 3 scenarios for why the "follicles" were still visible on the ultrasound.

1. I had a lot of follicles so I might not have ovulated all of them.

2. The follicles he saw were the small follicles that didn't ovulate but continued to grow after the trigger.

3. The ovulated follicles had already filled up from ovulation. He said it can happen within 12 hours, but that usually happens in younger women. UGH! When is he going to figure out that my ovaries don't know how old they are and I don't plan on telling them?

So now we wait again and gratefully wait at that! January 15th can't come fast enough for me.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Kami